SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petenjude151

Spring is Sprung

SpanishFly - (Mediterranean)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Meteorologists tell us spring starts on Mar 1, so this next few days those of my collection that have been wintering in cold frames are coming out into the fresh air.

So I took a few pics. Starting off with Astrophytum capricorne, this one was in the car when I travelled to Spain in 2001. In 2011 it had terrible rot, just the top inch was salvageable, but has grown it all back and more.

My two largest cacti are Astrophytum ornatum, getting well corked now

and A. myriostigma. Both were in the car in 2001.

An Aloe vera which spent the winter outside is now totally potbound - I have cut it back twice but it never lasts. Bought locally in 2004.

And my double headed Stenocactus vaupelianus, both heads in flower. Bought from Kakteen Haage (Germany) in 2012.

Astrophytum myriostigma var. nudum (no flecks). The largest cactus that I have grown from seed - that was in 2012.

Leuchtenbergia principis - another of the original settlers. Still alive but not growing and hasn´t flowered for some years now.

Aztekium ritteri - grafted, arrived in 2011, never flowered yet. Slooooow grower.

From Chile, Copiapoa cinerea - I have seen this on evilBay at huge prices - anyone want to give me a grand for it? Another of the originals.

Strombocactus disciformis, a sprout just acquired last year, flowering for the first time.

The pic icon has blanked out, so I will post this so far.

Comments (2)