SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renee_lamonte

Looking for New Home builder for North of Boston construction

Renee Lamonte
6 years ago

Hey all. Thought I'd throw this out there to get some feedback and hopefully some recommendations. I had to do some remodeling previously and had a tough time working with contractors from simply responding for a $50k job to an untrustworthy contractor. So, reliable and trustworthy are important to me as is VALUE.

Below is a sample floorplan I found online and was hoping to get an idea of what it may cost to build. I do understand that the devil is in the details which can significantly vary the total cost. However, I do have some flexibility with material choices.

I'm looking for a 4 bed/4.5 bath home although this is configured as a 5 bedroom. I'd convert bedrooms 2/3/4 into 2 separate bedroom suites for a total of 4 beds/4.5 baths. No carpeting, hardwood, tile, and stone floors. Granite counters in kitchen and baths. Not looking for a $50,000 set of kitchen cabs, nor am I looking for $40,000 in windows and doors. Flexible on siding options but prefer something nicer like a Hardie board siding and/or stone veneer appearance. Prefer non-wood decking like a Trex or similar composite material. Ultimately, I may end up finishing the basement depending on cost but would like to have a FULL basement potential. Looking for durable and reliable materials and not the premium names. At the same time, I'm not looking to build a new home and have cheap wire closet shelving.

If there are any builders out there that care to respond, that would be awesome. Would love to get a better sense for what I'm looking at here financially to include the excavation and site work along with the home construction. I would assume a level lot with a reasonable town water and sewer hookup, although I may end up with septic. Hoping to build somewhere in the Danvers/Middleton/Beverly/Topsfield/Georgetown/Boxford areas.

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/homepw10861.html?from=search

Comment (1)