SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyygazzer

Painting Cherry Cabinets in a dark room

skyygazzer
6 years ago

I have put up with a dark kitchen for over a year and am ready to lighten up this room. I have been looking at so many shades of white I am dreaming about it! BM Simply White and SW Pure White was my first choice. They look too gray. I have been looking at warmer whites like BM White Dove and SW Alabaster. My dilemma is that my kitchen is open to the dining room and the dining room is open to the living room. My living room has built ins. The trim in all 3 rooms are newly painted SW Decorators White. I went to BM today and the color consultant recommended BM Linen White. I like it but read not to use unless your room is sunny or it will look too yellow. I get no sun in this room. It looks very close to the trim color which is great. We just finished installing granite which is tan, dark brown and gray. My floors are off white tile. I’m including some pics. All the wallpaper is coming down so once I figure out my cabinets I will be moving on to paint colors for kitchen and dining room and backsplash last (second pic is old countertop) thanks for your imput!

Comments (34)