SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lara_ellis67

Drainage issue, looking for suggestions

Lara
6 years ago

Somewhat long i will try and shorten. We had foundation issues in 2015 and a trench was dug, weeping tile was added, a sump was installed in our garage, and an insulation was wrappewrapped around the foundation after it was anchored back together. The trench was backfilled with something and aggregate on top and then we paved four months later.

I live in ontario and this month the driveway where it was filled has either sank oe across the entire front of the house it has heaved. We now have about a thirty pct pitch funneling water towards are garage and the lower entry. Water is coming down a slope beside house, pooling at corner and running across front of house because it cannot get over hump.

It driveway has a poor grade due to position of house and height of road and only a slight angle existed prior but it was sloped. This heave or depression is new.

My thoughts are a channel drain across front connecting to a drain that also collects water from backyard and alo sump pump which exits at side of house and take all this to the road. Thoughts? do we install a dry well in backyard and have that connect to drain which then comes dowdown side of house and out to street with other connections?

We are getting quotes currenlty and called the guys that did the work as well.

this was along length of house

this is side of house. water is coming from above from backyard

a lot of water sits here. this is before asphalt installed. you can see sump exit here. thinking we need drain here connected to channel or French down to road.

I dont have a lot of pics currently but attached the dig which shows a bit of what i am talking about.

Thanks for any insight. this is a complete nightmare right now.

Comments (5)