SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_deimler

Living Room Help!!!

Ashley
6 years ago
My husband and I just purchased a home in December. We have lots of ideas for future projects, but we’ve decided to focus on paying off student loans for the next 2 years before we do the major renovations/additions we are planning, to allow for some additional room in the budget. That being said, I’m making an attempt to make the best of what we have right now. My biggest area of focus right now is making the living room/kitchen area more inviting. I’m having a hard time separating/defining the spaces with the area being mainly open concept. It is an older home, so don’t mind the floors, as this will all be a darker hardwood down the road, but the counter with the lower bar that comes into the “living room” area is probably what I struggle with the most. I’m not sure if I should utilize that for additional seating, or ignore it and focus on the living room. The area is small, so I don’t have a ton of options furniture-wise. But rest assured, I am looking for a new sofa. Most likely a small sectional to utilize the space under the double window that is currently empty. At that point I will probably remove the Papisan chair and glider as well. I have a cocktail table on the way (picture from online included below), and I’m pretty set on the drapes and paint color. (Which looks way better together when there is natural lighting by the way)
I’m also struggling with shoe storage, as our front door opens directly into the living room. And I’m not fond of the cube organizer under the TV. So basically a total overhaul is what I’m looking for, but I don’t know how to put it all together! Please help!!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!