Uses for leftover Coconut Milk?
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
Related Discussions
What do you do with coconut milk? Fiddleheads?
Comments (4)I use coconut milk in rice pudding and have used it in the past in a Thai soup (which I didn't care for, so I won't bother to post the recipe). WE have fiddleheads but we mostly just saute them. Grandma used to use bacon grease and then crumble the bacon over top the fiddleheads when serving. I used olive oil instead but they weren't the same, so I reverted to bacon. Another local delicacy is just starting to pop up, morel mushrooms. I don't care much for them but I love to hunt them. Annie Annie...See Moresweetened condensed milk - leftovers
Comments (14)I can also recommend Sharon's (Canarybird) Lemon Squares. These are soooooo goooood! Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table LEMON GRAHAM SLICE ================== SharonCB 1-1/2 cups (350 mL) Graham cracker crumbs 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking powder 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) salt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine 10 ounces (284 mL)sweetened condensed milk 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla Bottom Layer Crumble first 5 ingredients together well and pack into 9 x 9 inch (22 x 22 cm) ungreased pan. Set aside. Top Layer Combine milk, lemon juice and vanilla in bowl and stir. Spread over bottom layer. Bake in 350ðF (180ðC) oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 36 squares. Source: "Company's Coming" - 150 Delicious Squares...See Morelooking for: question - coconut milk
Comments (13)Here is the recipe for vegetable coconut rice. 2 cups of washed, uncooked basmati rice. Soak the above rice for 1/2 hr -1 hr in 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk. For the vegetables, you can use 8 oz of mixed vegetables, 1 cup of thin sliced onions. 3 garlic clove minced small piece of ginger minced 1 green chillie sliced For seasoning, cinnamon piece 1/2", 2 cardamom, 2 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 black peppers In a pan, pour 6-7 teaspoons of oil. When it is hot, put the onions, garlic, ginger, chillie and the seasonings. Fry till the onions are golden brown. Now add the vegetables and fry them for 5-7 mins. Add the above to the rice and add salt to taste. Put it in an electric cooker and let it cook. Once it is done, garnish with chopped cilantro. I prepare this very often and it tastes really good. For Flavor, you can also use minced mint along with the vegetables. Thanks Chunnu...See MoreHelp me use up my coconut milk
Comments (14)It freezes, but you might have to give a good shake or stir when you thaw it. Other than that thawed coconut milk is great in your recipes. But if you made your original dish last week I don't think I'd recommend freezing it now. Same day or day after I'd have frozen it. That's if I was being efficient. Me, who has 3/4's of a quart of buttermilk in the refrigerator right now. I needed a cup (a week ago) and Safeway had only quarts, I bought the quart rather than make another stop at a second store and we don't drink it....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Choose and Use Ecofriendly Kitchen Appliances
Inefficient kitchen appliances waste energy and money. Here's how to pick and use appliances wisely
Full Story
CHRISTMAS11 New Uses for Old-School Christmas Ornaments
Been there, done that with the tree? Have an embarrassment of extra ornaments? Try these beautifully creative decorations this Christmas
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDecorating 101: How to Use White Right
If you’ve ever been in white-paint-swatch limbo, you know white can be tricky to work with. Here’s how to get the fresh look you’re after
Full Story
DECLUTTERING6 More Clutter-Busting Home Habits to Adopt This Year
Be decisive, don’t use the garage as your dumping ground and do rethink that sweater you never wear
Full Story
LIFE10 Ways to Live With a Smaller Carbon Footprint
Take these simple steps to reduce your energy use and cut back on waste
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: An 18th-Century Cottage on a Tiny English Island
Once a place for a miller to store his cart, this tiny building is now a cozy home, redesigned using reclaimed materials
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN12 Ideas for a Knockout Kitchen
Give your cooking space sizzle with color, pattern and materials used in unexpected ways
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Dining Room
Give us a week and we’ll give you a dining room you’ll be happy to use for a special occasion or every day
Full Story
SUMMER GARDENINGHow to Grow Basil
Bright color, quick growth and endless uses for cooking make this summer annual a winner in the garden or a pot
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)