SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesfleursjolies

Springhill $19.99 Rose Sale

KarenPA_6b
6 years ago

Just want to put this code out there in case there is someone interested in this sale.
Rainbow of Roses Collection for 19.99 offer good for only today: 2/12/2018

https://www.springhillnursery.com/product/rainbow_of_roses_collection

Comments (78)

• ljsemar
    6 years ago

hmm, neither of those codes are working for me :(

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

ljsemar, I'm sorry to say that this was a one day sale only for Valentine's Day, so the codes will no longer work. However, I think they have this sale a couple more times this season so sign up for their emails or just watch these posts. :(

Thanks Judith! Although I'm hoping for Stormy Weather, those all look great! I'd be happy with any of them.

• Related Discussions

They are finally liberated! Update on my Breck's sale roses

Q

Comments (14)
    I lost 2 out of the 15 I got. all A Twitter and Ayanna Dabba Do (which was a repeat so I actually ended up with one either way. My Bella Roma was looking bad at first and I thought it would die, but it made it and although small, is growing actively. :). Out of all the ones I got my favorites are Royal Amethyst (it's like an improved version of Angle Face) , Crescendo, and Happy go Lucky.
    ...See More

K&M Rose Sale

Q

Comments (42)
    I too got Olympiad. Its done very well for me on Dr. Huey so I'm trying it out on Fortuniana. Let me know how Coretta Scott King does. Ive had my eye on her for a while. I lost my Cherry Parfait recently and I'd like to replace it (yet again) but I'm going to grow it in a pot on its own roots as that's the only way I've had luck with it. Babs is a gorgeous rose. I got one from Harding's Nursery in Tampa when I went up with family for a trip to Busch Gardens and it was a show stopper. Mine of course died, but hopefully she'll do better for you. I have lots of problems with die back. Do you? Some roses do really well then suddenly get die back from the base up and die within a week. Others get it on half the bush and never recover. Some get it on only a few basel stems and then struggle on for a while, but usually never bounce back. What am I doing wrong?
    ...See More

Breck's is having their Rainbow of Roses (5 for $49) plus $25 off sale

Q

Comments (21)
    Mine from Breck's were Take it Easy, Violet's Pride, Cupid's Kisses. Ch-Ching, and Pumpkin Patch. From Springhill, I got the same except for Top of the World instead of Pumpkin Patch. From Gurney's, I got Take it Easy, Violet's Pride, Sunshine Happy Trails, Easy to Please, and Top of the World. I would actually have loved another Twilight Zone since it's an excellent rose, but I have high hopes for Violet's Pride. Obviously these three companies are interlinked, but it's interesting that each one was a slightly different mix. I'm happy with Sunshine Happy Trails since that one is new to me. Cynthia
    ...See More

Rainbow of Roses sale today

Q

Comments (5)
    Lilyfinch, I didn't order -- decided to wait to see if a better deal does turn up. I have a spot for some roses unexpectedly, since I had to take a tree out and my shade bed is now full sun. But, I don't particularly want another yellow and definitely not an orange (however coral-pink-peach would be great!).
    ...See More
  • ljsemar
    6 years ago

Ah yes, I see now that the date was a while ago. On 1 hand I'm super disappointed. On the other hand I'm relieved because I thought I was going to have to spend more money on roses. Hope you all enjoy!

6 years ago

That's how I felt, but reasoned for $20+ for roses, I couldn't lose! : )

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Judith , here is the video. I believe all my loving was also mentioned in the video. I called today bc I can't stand not knowing what I'll be getting but the gentleman said he can't tell if my order will be the same but it should arrive first week of march. I'm trying to decide if I should switch my Witherspoon order or just chance having two. While it may sound silly I don't love red roses so I only want one lol .

Beautiful!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=568s&v=DBV0ql3lOQI

Ljsemar - I'm sure they will have the offer again! We will be sure to alert the world. Someone always does :)

KarenPA_6b thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

I'm going to call too! I may be away for a week in March and I would hate for them to come while I'm gone. I'm already looking forward to the next sale! P.S. Thanks for the video.

• Home Home
    6 years ago

Thx Karen for the alert. just saw this today and went back to look at my junk mail from SHN, they sent me sth on 1/31 and 2/23, nothing on 2/12. Plz pm me at rabbitearsx2@yahoo.com next time you guys see rose sales so I won’t miss out. Thanks and so happy for those of you who got on this deal:) I am getting spring fever can’t stop thinking what else can I buy.lol

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    6 years ago

Love Lady In Red! The Cinco de Mayo bush is huge! It should take off like gangbusters! Wasn't able to get a photo, my visitor stayed til after dark, but will tomorrow. Noticed on Springhill's site that Apricot Princess was sold out - glad I got one. Considering the quality of my roses, this was a great deal! I think everyone should be excited about getting their roses!

Judith

KarenPA_6b thanked alameda/zone 8/East Texas
  • KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

housedecorchange, if I receive similar promotions from Springhill, Brecks,or others in the future, I will post them on Rose Forum on houzz.

• Home Home
    6 years ago

Karen, thx. I have to keep stalking everyday then:) idk how I missed your post since I check the rose forum at least 1-2x/day.

• KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

housedecorchange, I can post the sale info on this thread so you will get notifications and not need to check the forum everyday. I cannot send you houzz messages because you don't have that option turned on.

• Home Home
    6 years ago

For those of you missed the deal. Henry fields rainbow roses(5 roses) $19 code: 0646318 It appears to be the same as Breck’s, gurneys Thx to dingo in Chicago couldn’t link to the orig post

• perennialfan275
    6 years ago

This is a terrible deal. You have absolutely no idea what you're getting and the deal was only good for a day. Yea I think I'll pass on this one. For those of you who actually got something you want I am happy for you though.

• kaleidoscope eyes
    6 years ago

I like surprises

• KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

That is so awesome, Lilyfinch. I hope to get a collection with Lady in Red and All My Loving in it. After seeing the Youtube video that you provided the link for, I am totally in love with this red rose. Wow, so gorgeous! Full double red roses on a climber is something I don't see often. If it is as vigorous and disease resistant as the hybridizer said, this will certainly a winner in my book. Wonder if they make good cut flowers?

Just checked my email and Springhill said that my collection is on the way. It should arrive next week!

6 years ago

I won't receive mine for a little while as I called to request a specific mail date. I was so pleased when they said "NO problem!", and told me when they would start their journey from CA. Although Springhill is in Ohio, the roses come from CA. I spoke to the nicest man who was located nearby in IN! This may be a large company, but dealing with them felt like a local nursery, (but better because the fellow I spoke with knew roses!) Unfortunately, he couldn't tell me what varieties I'll receive. I'd be happy with any of these thus far, especially as they aren't ones I'd usually consider buying. This gets me out of my comfort zone! : )

KarenPA_6b thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • H Hyder
    6 years ago

Ordered this year from gurneys and spring hill. I ordered 2 sets from spring hill. One from gurneys. They were the same collection. So I have 3 of each, cinco de mayo, ch ching, easy on the eyes, climbing lady in red, and all my loving. Even through they are the same company I was hoping for a little variety. Not all the same. What did anyone else get?

KarenPA_6b thanked H Hyder
    6 years ago

What will you do with triples hyder? That is disappointing. I think I remember the second round last year being a little different than the first . Like they offer it again in a couple months and those were different. Who knows this year though

my mom probably will be flying to visit so I was thinking of selling much extras on varage sale for ten each . People sell their plants often so I think it'll work and recoups some money , for more roses :)

• KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So sorry to hear that you got all the same roses for your 3 collections, H Hyder. Having said that, I sure hope that I get the same collection as yours next week. I am really looking to get these 3 roses: easy on the eyes, climbing lady in red, and all my loving. I am glad that they send these roses this early. I want to get them planted early. Those I got late from years back (May planted) didn't grow well for me. By planting early, I hope the roots will have an early start and I may be treated to a spring flush from these roses.

6 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Karen ! I was able to swap my Witherspoon lady in red for Francis meilland . So I'm excited for all of them!

KarenPA_6b thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I am glad that you were able to swap Lady in Red for Francis Meilland, Lilyfinch. FM rose is so beautiful! I wouldn't mind growing 3 of these though they are pretty big. By the end of the summer, FM can get 6-7ft tall. I receive my Springhill roses today and they are exactly the same as everyone else. I plan to get them planted this weekend.

• Home Home
    6 years ago
    Hyder, I got the exact same thing as you today from Henry fields. I am disappointed cuz I was hoping for a purple Rose not 2 pink. I already have a cinco De mayo rose tree. Otherwise, 4/5 looks big and health to me. BTW, how do I access gardenweb forums from houzz app. Now when I go to gardenweb.com click Rose forum it automatically opens up in houzz app then blank page. I had to google search this specific thread to able to communicate w you guys:(
  • H Hyder
    6 years ago

I'm not sure how to use the app. When I log in, my tablet gives the option of go to mobile site or download app and I've never got around to doing it. Also I was really hoping for twilight zone or something that was truly purple. I found Poseidon at Lowe's , so I guess I'll see how purple it is.

6 years ago

Karen I'm so glad you got what you wanted too !! And happy to hear about Francis . I have no idea where he's going being that big but oh well ! Haha

housedecor and hyder , I was never able to find gw on the houzz app :( I just use my safari for it and it has saved the rose forums so I hop right to it .

Hyder that is awesome you found posiden at lowes!! Wow what a find . I just got mine from palantine and if I saw it at lowes would get another. I love purples

6 years ago

Whoopee! I just opened mine after our 5" of snow melted and they are gorgeous! I got the same as everyone else, except I received Violet's Pride instead of Easy on the Eyes. I guess I'm happy with that, but I really like the Hulthemia hybrids. They're soaking now, so I have a bit of time to dig and plan where they'll go.

6 years ago

What is everyone planting with their Cinco De Mayo's? Could it go with Violets Pride? I also have a Molineux I was planning on putting in that bed, but I'm not sure about it now. I was originally going to plant South Africa and Molineux to go with my black-eyed Susans, but I thought Cinco de Mayo could go there instead. Thoughts anyone?

• Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland
    6 years ago

Got mine today - same bunch as everyone else - Easy on the Eyes instead of Violet’s Pride. They look good, just need to figure out where to put them!

Vapor I think cinco would look fine there - it kind of changes color depending on heat and sun.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    6 years ago

Please if this deal comes up for anyone again, post it! I would love to get Cinco de Mayo, Lady in Red and Easy on the Eyes (which would go well with Bull's Eye that I got from them 2 years ago -- a very sweet rose!

• Home Home
    6 years ago

lily or somebody on the rise forum, were you looking for a wooden bridge. Christmas tree shop has it on sale for $69, cedar arbor $59. I am tempted to buy a both for my climbing roses:)

KarenPA_6b thanked Home Home
  • KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

That's a great price for the arbor. I have to look into this. THanks for sharing.

6 years ago

Wow house decor !! I really want that bridge . Wonder if they are online as we don't have that store here ( why ?? ) . Thanks for the heads up . As for arbors my husband will kill me if I get another. I have 4 plus a pergola . And dreams for more ! Lol

• Home Home
    6 years ago

Lily,ithink over $50 shipping is free. 4 arbors! That’s totally not enough. with the number of roses you have and at this price, you are allowed to get more:)

6 years ago

My " plan" is to make a path of them , leading to the pool that dosnt exist yet ! Haha so when we get that , then more arbors . I would do it now but want to leave room for possible construction equipment . I don't know what it all entails ! But I know I want a path of arbors .

I'm going to look into the bridge. It looks like the one I ordered from lowes, that was 120$. Not worth that cost so o returned it but 60 is fair I think !

6 years ago

Not that you need any encouragement, but I was at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Garden last week and thought of you and your bridge! : ) I took this picture just for you!

6 years ago

I'm reviving this thread because I received another offer from Spring Hill and decided to go for it because nearly all the roses mentioned upthread were ones that I wanted.

They arrived today and unfortunately it looks like only one will be a keeper for me.

I received Intrigue (definitely will keep), Pumpkin Patch, Red Ribbons (might find a place for it), Topaz Jewel, and a Rosa Rugosa. I know for sure I don't want Rosa Rugosa, and if Topaz Jewel has much rugosa traits I won't want it either (I have previously pulled out rugosas that I just hated).

I'll try Pumpkin Patch, but if it is as caramel-colored as it appears, I will have to find it a new home too.

6 years ago

Oh no raee.. sorry that your batch was different! That's disappointing. Intrigue looks beautiful to me too .. I was thinking when my unwanted ones are blooming of selling on varage sale or the letgo app for 15 each . I think then you recoup your money and can buy something else .

Vapor - I love that photos and can't believe I misssd seeing it ! So pretty! My husband is thinking of putting in a koi pond so for sure I'll have a bridge by that . I can't wait to landscape his area lol

5 years ago

I guess they didn't have the sale this year. I kept waiting for it. I wonder if they'll have one before the end of the bare root season?

5 years ago

Vapor .. this prompted me to check their website and there are so many awful reviews I wonder if that made them change their mind .. I don’t remember anyone here being upset ? But it sounds like some of the gardeners that ordered had no idea what they were getting or how to google name of roses for what they were . Such a bummer!! I looked forward to that bargain .

• summersrhythm_z6a
    5 years ago

Brecks will have rainbow collection sale in May ( the end of May). Some years they marked them down to $14.99 for a set of 5. I bought 7 sets one year, like having Christmas in May! Lol

5 years ago

Great! I'll save my pennies! :))

5 years ago

I almost hope I don't see it! I ended up buying 2 smaller collections at the end of the season to get some of the roses I wanted to try (like Cinco de Mayo and Hot Cocoa), and I don't have enough sunny space to plant more unless I take a few other things out, like my large quince bush perhaps, as well as the roses I received that I didn't particularly want.

5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I put my extras in containers! But I was very happy with Cinco de Mayo, violets Pride and Lady in Red. It was great to get to Ching and All My Loving because I probably would never have bought those so it's good to have something completely out of my normal range.

• KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I agree, Vaporvac! It is a great deal to try new roses that I would not have purchased on their own.

5 years ago

I am interested in hearing how your Rainbow of Roses collections fared over the winter. Of all the roses I bought from Spring HIll last year , only 5 of the 11 survived. I lost Pumpkin Patch, Intrigue, Easy Does It, Cinco de Mayo, Hot Cocoa, and Chihuly. The two rugosas (of course), Easy on the Eyes, Take it Easy, and Red Ribbons made it. All were well mounded with straw.

KarenPA_6b thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    5 years ago

So all of mine did survive. I can't comment on lady in red since I put her in cold storage for the winter as she was still in a pot. Cinco de Mayo had some Kane death but not a lot. Violets Pride had more and I would not recommend her for zone 5. Chec ching and All My Loving were killed all the way back but they are growing now. Oh, probably not the best roses for zone 5 . I did not lose any but those last two were the most tender by far oh, but they were also the two I would never have bought if not for the sale and I did appreciate their Sherry intensity when they bloomed. A bit disappointed in violets Pride because I had expected her to be somewhat Hardy. Still I think she's a bigger is grower and we'll rebound and that the all look good in the end. I ordered another Cinco de Mayo so hopefully that one will be as vigorous as the one last year which group quite large in one season. I sure wish they'd have another sale or one of the other Rose places.

KarenPA_6b thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • KarenPA_6b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

All except Ch Ching survive. I am glad that I got the set last year because I really like Easy on the Eye, Lady in Red, and All My Loving. Easy on the Eye is the hardiest! The others canes died to the ground but all are sprouting new canes from the base.

5 years ago

I did have more severe cane dieback on some long-established roses than I ever had before (Queen Elizabeth, Oso Easy and Pink Knockout) but they are growing back from the base. All the minis like Green Ice, Bullseye and the grocery store roses are in good shape with dieback but not to the ground. Peachy Knockout, also new last year and planted in the same bed as most of the ones that died, came through with little dieback, as did my New Dawn. Go figure!

5 years ago

Karen, are you saying that lady in red dyed to the Grand? Mine has not been out for winter as it was in a pot but I'm just curious how she will do.

5 years ago

I sent an email to Spring Hill telling them about only 5 of 11 roses surviving. They are refunding the purchase prices for all. I asked for replacements, but they said they were not available (although their sister companies are still showing a couple of them -- Intrigue and Easy Does It -- as being in stock, I guess the companies will not cross fulfill orders).

Now I am debating whether to wait and see if they get more in, and reduce the prices like last year, or just go to the local big nursery and pay their prices.