SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vauxhall94

Need help with coordinating furniture

V R
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everybody,

I have acquired an orange leather Louis XIV style sofa, which I do not know what to do with (DH refuses to get rid of it), so I require some help in working out how to make it fit in with some other furniture and colours without looking too ridiculous.

As it is orange, I had thought some cushions and throws with green and yellowish accents would work quite well. Regarding chairs, I do not know what colour/style to go for. My taste is generally more on the eclectic side, so I welcome mismatched chairs, as long as they look good! I was thinking patterned chairs with orange accents, but I do not know if that would be too much. Am not sure whether to go for more modern style chairs, or stick with the baroque/ludicrous theme.

Advice will be much appreciated.

N.B. The walls are magnolia, and as this is a rental property, no painting can be done. The carpets are also an awful shade of beige. Am open to rug and curtain suggestions too!

As you can see, still a bit messy, and the sofa is in another room, but it is the size of a. regular three-seater. The room itself is quite large, so can afford to be a bit more extravagant.

Comments (6)