SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilneverends

A vent about hasty renos before listing

aprilneverends
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Frankly, Id rather some people do nothing to their property than half-a$$ed stuff that looks ok on pics yet looks horribly when one's in the house

-why you("you" here is purely theoretical "you") put all new granite on cheapest possible, 50 years old cabinets that live their last days? One just feels stuck with it because is wasteful to remove the granite. If you left there whatever was there-I'd put in normal cabinets. I don't need your granite. I need sturdy cabinets, first thing first. Maybe I'm in love with Formica. But that doesn't matter. Who puts heavy stone on cabinets that look like they're about to go to cabinet's heaven or something?

-why you ran your laminate into bathrooms? well I know why-you had a lot of laminate left. No other reason for that.

-why you painted "fresh gray paint" over the old paneling? It looks ok on the pics..then you look at the wall and you see the paint is all cracking. Now one is stuck with ripping out the paneling, texturing, painting once again..might as well leave your paneling.

-why you put in new vanity, with enormous 6 inches high backsplash, stapled mirror to the backsplash, and the rest of the mirror , surrrounded with window frame?The side of the wall where, obviously, the pre-listing mirror was, is horribly patched, and all needs to be re textured, repainted, etc. Either do stuff normally or don't do it.

-why you put huge fan light in your tiny entry space? who needs to cool off while passing through the entry? I understand you happened to have it, and it's new. Well you'd do better leaving whatever old was there. Unless it was some sentimental value, or dear to your heart, what do I know. For some reason you decided to go through trouble of switching a fixture, and among the ocean of available light you chose a fan?

I'm okay with the fact that houses need work, some more, some less. I'd rather do it myself already

Especially as there are still so many things that need fixing there, that either weren't photographed, or one can't see they crumble until one's close..just adjust your price accordingly, I'll decide whether to buy , and what to do, how to do, and when to do it.

I can't understand this, really. Whatever I decide to do I see through the end, and want it done correctly. If I've no time, energy, money, whatever-then I'll be honest about that fact, and just clean very well, and won't undertake projects that I'm unable to see through and the end result of which would put others in some weird position.

I don't know, maybe belongs in "Buying and Selling"..

Comments (44)