SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

What to do with Super Bowl leftovers

I smoked an 8 pound Boston but for six people. One couple brought a massive bag of organic chicken nuggets and a waffle maker and proceeded to make pan-fried chicken and waffles covered in maple syrup. Oh, and there were sides, including a couple of pounds of my homemade cole slaw.

I'm sure that I'm not alone here in having a large quantity of leftovers, so let's all pitch in and stave off that diet one more day...

Egg Rolls - if you're lazy like me, go to the market and get a couple of packages of Egg Roll Wrappers; they're right next to the tofu, otherwise I'm sure they're easy to make from scratch, but after cooking all day Sunday, well... Take your leftover pork or chicken or brisket or whatever and chop it up. Toss it into a big mixing bowl along with an equal amount of leftover cole slaw, maybe some of those sliced bell peppers that no one ever eats, and chop the whole thing just a bit more. Lay the egg roll wrapper on a floured surface, diamond-wise. Put a scoop of your mixture in the middle, but closer to the bottom point (nearest you.) Fold in the left, fold in the right, roll up from the bottom and seal with some egg wash. Bake at 350 degrees for around 30 minutes. Don't forget the duck sauce and hot Chinese mustard!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor