SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Entry Room - Before, During and After

I have a thing with area rugs; basically I never get it right. One reason might be that I buy them on-line and not seeing a hand-knotted rug in person, knowing you've made a mistake, and then trying to return a rug that weighs 85 pounds is a painful thing.

You may remember this room with an old love seat and a dark blue Oriental carpet. It was looking tired and did not benefit from the cat using it as a scratching post. I then bought a carpet that, after seeing it in person, reminded me of grandma's parlor, and the color also ran. We decided to return it (although so far the badly-folded and tied monster is sitting in my office) and I decided that I would go bold and modern in both the love seat and the rug. Now the red and blue rug seems, well, too red and blue, but there is no way I'm returning another rug (although this one only weighs a mere 75 pounds). Of course now the paintings above the couch don't quite go with the new love seat, but I'm too tired after the Karastan carpet in the bedroom episode (had to buy new bedding to make it work) to even think about that right now.

There's the first rug in the room at the back
Here's the second one with the old love seat. This is the rug we're returning because I wanted something more edgy and because the colors ran.

The new rug and the new love seat.

While you're in the groove, please also tell me that this rug in the TV room was not a mistake. I no longer trust my judgment.

Comments (26)