SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

A major 2014 project nearly complete~before during and after pics

polly929
9 years ago

At the end of every year I like to reflect on what we accomplished in our 1900 cottage colonial house renovation/restoration that seems to never end.

This past year we replaced a cracked and crumbling raised concrete patio with a beautiful much larger techo-block patio with an outdoor pizza oven. Closed one of our 2 back doors up and made one larger French door onto the patio with a tiny mud room.
And my favorite of all: our basement was finished, this project was DIY by DH. This gave us so much more living space. Since it is a basement we kept the concrete floors and walls, floor was finished with epoxy and the walls dry lock. Black drop ceiling with recessed lighting installed. The doors on the closet and the furnace room/ DH's workshop were salvaged from a NYC brownstone that was renovated and modernized. The couch belonged to my dad who passed away, the daybed is from World Market and the TV stand crate and barrel bought on a fb online garage sale. The entire project was under 2k! So happy with the results. I thought I'd share with my GW friends.

Happy New year to all!

Comments (20)