SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nidnay

Cannot procrastinate any longer with hardware choice

Nidnay
6 years ago
Ok, so I can’t put this off any longer. I’ve been waiting to decide on my kitchen cabinet hardware (finish), and I really have to make my decision now (need to install appliance pulls). It’s either black/ORB, or polished nickel.

My perimeter plumbing fixtures are polished nickel (with marble counter). My island is an oiled walnut top with copper sink and brass/copper faucet (two designers said this mix of copper was OK with the rest of the kitchen...am a bit nervous about it). Floors will be a medium stain. Will wait to do the backsplash and island fixture. I also haven’t figured out how I will finish the range-hood. Again, that will be decided as the pieces of the puzzle start getting put in place. I’m the type that has to see things develop....cannot make all these decisions at one time without seeing how they actually look together.

The adjoining breakfast room has Black/ORB lighting fixtures and all my door hardware is black. The kitchen is also open to the great room, and there are built-ins there that will have Black/ORB hardware.

I keep going back and forth between polished nickel and black/ORB. I am leaning towards polished, but that’s a lot of shiny for me.

I am also leaning towards this Currey fixture for the island but I’m open to anything.

Comments (8K)