SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annkih

Reorganizing bedroom closets

AnnKH
6 years ago

Every winter I get a bug to embark on some sort of household project - I call it Spring Fever, even though it usually strikes this time of year (and we won't see actual spring until May). Sometimes it involves rearranging furniture, or building shelves, something along those lines. But after 25 years in our house, most of the projects are complete!

I had a brainstorm over the weekend. DH and I each have a small walk-in closet, about 4' square, with clothes rods along each side (he has 1 rod, I have 2). Years ago I added wire shelving at the back of each closet. I use my shelves for jeans, pajamas, shorts, sweat pants, shoes, and storage. DH has stuff piled on his, but not things he uses every day - making the shelves a waste of space.

Over the weekend I spent hours with tape measure and graph paper, planning out a way to make both closets more efficient. I'll use wooden closet systems with adjustable shelves - each closet will have 7 shelves instead of 4. I will raise DH's clothes rod 8", and put shelves under the clothes (long clothes are hung elsewhere). After I got all the measurements, I priced out everything I need at the lumberyard.

I might not be able to start for months - my weekends fill up fast, and each closet is probably going to require a full weekend - but I am so excited about my plans, I had to share with folks who will appreciate it! Yes, I will take before and after photos.

Comments (14)