SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwhaticando22

Kitchen remodel: BS help, stainless behind range?, area over sink

Cwhaticando22
6 years ago

Hello! This is my first time posting, and I would really appreciate some guidance/inspiration on what to do with the remainder of our kitchen. We recently bought a 70's brick ranch as a flip--we might stay, but we're also looking into selling it in 3-5 years.

What I'm getting hung up on is that our shaker style cabinets feel simple/modern, while the granite feels more rustic, and so I'm feeling stuck on where to go with backsplash. We like an earthy inspired feel but not too rustic. That said my boyfriend's pick is 110% the Picasso trav, his second pick was ceramic beveled.

What I'd like help with:

• Style of backsplash: plain subway, beveled, crackle, tumbled? We would like to be under $10/sqft.
  • Should we keep the stainless backsplash? I know it's easier to clean, but what do people think looks best or most appealing to buyers? Are behind the range tile accents now dated?
  • Would you put shelves on either side of the window? Should that area be left open?
  • Inspiration for lighting over the island. We're doing can lights throughout kitchen and dining room.
  • We'd like to eventually swap the cab hardware to oil rubbed bronze, something with clean, square lines. All other lighting, fixtures, hardware in open area are ORB.
  • I'm open to any design advice in general!

Please excuse our mess as we are still renovating, but here are some photos. The floors are dark brown oak.

The kitchen:

Close up of ceramic cream beveled, Essenze Greige, Essenze Bianco, Rixi Noce (which is too dark). The last 3 are crackle although the photo doesn't show it well:

Picasso, and a honed trav subway:

Poitiers, ignore the molding style it's just for color:

The photo that made me interested in glass bevel subway, which is surprisingly hard to find in beige/cream!: https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/b5e29c6a03d5ef78_8-9406/home-design.jpg

Better view of island w/ dining room in background. The fixture in the dining room is from Kichler's Barrington collection.

Comment