SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missindie1

Estimators came...and I am DREADING this. Talk me down off the ledge!

Chessie
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

How do you guys do this??? It's almost enough to make me want to cancel the whole thing. New wood floors in dining and living room: will have to pack up all my crystal and collectibles in the etagere. Pack up the MOVIES and CDs...and OMG unhooking my stereo and tv and components - I'll have to label EVERYTHING and take pictures to ever get it back together again. :-( Emptying the drawers in the dry sink. And deciding if I am going to paint the baseboards in there - because ALL the trim in the room is knotty pine and I am NOT getting floors that match....and I am SO OVER painting!! And then what to do about the hearth transition...apparently they need to figure something out wit that. I never even considered it would be an issue.

And that is JUST the living room. *sigh* Dining room will also be wood, but that's easy as it's already painted and not much to move in there. Kitchen and laundry room will be LVT - biggest thing there is emptying the large shelf unit (which is basically my pantry) and moving that beast.

And the monster: the room over the garage. My son's bedroom now, when he is here. Queen bed, nightstand, dresser/mirror, chest, and sewing cabinet, and various other things. I have to disassemble the bed, take out the drawers and basically try to empty the room as best I can.

I knew this would be some work....but damn. It's almost more than I can deal with. I am not a person that does well with a house in a mess - so this whole thing just intimidates the hell out of me. I thought I had accomplished a LOT over the past year with all the painting and counters and backsplash...but this makes that look like a piece of cake. I almost am considering just keeping the old stuff - but I know this has to be done. I am just overwhelmed with the thought of it. Am I overreacting? How on earth do you all manage this when you have new floors installed?

Comments (18)