SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunkfree_4a_canada

Talk me down off the ledge ... Aloe Aristata look so thirrrsty!

This aloe aristata thing is making me crazy.

I

WANT

TO

WATER

THEM.

SO BAD.

Please advise me, here! :D

A. Aristata wants to be dry and in tons of light right?!? So why are they turning gold and looking so dry and thirsty instead of bright green like 3 days ago?

The pups are all turning a gold colour and the stump plant in particular "looks" very dry. The first leaves are all drying and turning yellow, which makes sense I guess. Some of the smaller sprouts have dried right up and died entirely. two plants are in the prime south sunlight windows, but seem to not like it very much... Or maybe the colour is good stress colour?!

Looking at the Sunday pics vs. Today's, they seem to be growing very well, indeed (aside from the stump maybe). I am frustrated. I feel like they need water but a toothpick inserted does have some moisture on it still toward the rootball. Reassure me, please? I'm going away for a week on Friday and I'm worried they are going to fry!!

the photos cannot capture the colour properly, they appear much greener in most of these photos than they are with my own eyes LOL. This is probably the closest I can get to showing the colour (newest leaves have teeth! Eeee!)

Here are some comparison pics...

Today:

On Sunday

Today:

Sunday:

This one's now in the west bathroom window (where I had left the stump, forgotten, unwatered ... And it spouted anyway) showing the least worrisome condition but still with the gold colour ...

Sunday:

As always, I truly appreciate any help and advise ... And questions about what the heck I'm doing LoL

kd

Comments (43)