SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

Another neighbor issue!

One of our next door neighbors has a personality disorder. There is no such thing as friendly chitchat over the fence or in the front yard....she latches on and won't let go! You cannot escape from a conversation unless you declare a medical emergency of some kind, I swear.

"Excuse me, my appendicitis is acting up again."

She will often hone in on either one of us when we're outside tending to chores such as gardening, mowing, washing vehicles, etc. She'll talk without stopping, hardly breathing, so that the only way to escape is to abruptly interrupt her.

If allowed to, she will disrupt our work until it gets too dark to finish, not picking up on verbal or other cues that she needs to go away. We have learned to flee whenever we see her, dropping whatever we are doing to go inside.

She's a youngish single woman, works for NASA, has a boyfriend we rarely see and a sweet old dog. I can imagine that her colleagues at work react in the same way.....disappearing into doorways or reversing direction when they see her coming.

It's a minor irritation, because we no longer allow ourselves to be held hostage, but I truly feel sorry for this woman. She is always invited to neighborhood gatherings at our home but I would never invite her over on her own.

Comments (44)