SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvdogs_gw

neighbor issue

luvdogs
17 years ago

Hi.

Wondering what to do if this becomes a problem ----

I'm in an unincorporated area on 20 acres. I have many dogs (all fixed). They are grouped in small groups and the fencing is secure and electrified on the bottom to prevent digging. My point? I keep them contained.

Yesterday a tame dog and a baby deer came on our property. We secured them but received a call from our neighbor who claimed them. In the morning they came and got them but according to my husband said something to the effect that if they are over here again that we should just "let them come home." My interpretation of that is that we should just let them roam our property until they decide to go home. Problem with that is that my dogs would bark incessantly and maybe fight amongst themselves. Never mind that it's not legal to own a deer in my state.

I felt that I needed to impress upon them that they need to restrict their pets to their property. So I called and left a message that my dogs almost certainly would kill a deer if given the chance. I said, "you need to keep that deer safe" meaning "on your property."

Was that too strong or was that "ok-appropriate"? If it happens for a second time what should I do? I'm thinking that the second time I'll call to have them come get them since they seem to be saying that I should just leave them alone and not remove them from my land.

vicky

Comments (22)