SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Feedback before I order this sofa

reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've been going back and forth over sofas lately. I posted one I liked last week, but the upholstery wasn't a good choice for my household. I decided to keep looking and I'm seriously considering this one in the bleached white fabric. Yes, white but it is washable.

Reviews look pretty good for this sofa. It has down/foam cushion and pillows. I may have to pin the slipcover for a neater look. I do know what I'm getting into with white slipcovers as I've had them before. I plan to keep a white matelasse cover on the bottom cushion most of the time to help keep it from getting too grimy.

I would be open to a leather sofa l, but the cost for a decent leather sofa is cost prohibitive right now. I have a decent store credit with Wayfair so this slipcovered sofa will only cost me $600. I really like the bench cushion.

I just hope the white works with my very neutral color scheme. SW Dover White walls, bright white trim, linen colored cabinets, slight white wash effect flooring. I will add in a colorful rug, drapes, coffee table and leather armchair.

So, what do you think? I want to avoid another mistaken internet furniture purchase. Unlike the dining chairs I ordered, this item is non returnable

Comments (26)