SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffo_grow

See if you can ID these little cacti for fun and profit.

Jeff (5b)
6 years ago

It's like a crossword puzzle!

Are these the same cactus? Big one is in a 4" pot. I can't remember if I grew the small one from seed or not.

Please don't hate me. I'm going to repot these. I'm interested in all except the Echeveria. Can I do anything with whatever to top one is? It didn't grow until I put it outside last year. (See red one below.) What about still having the cacti together in a good pot and mix?

I'm assuming I have two of the same type here--above and below (Trump-like hair). Rina informed me that the one below (top one) is Pilocereus (italic). They were both pups, I think. I'm afraid the one above was burnt in the summer and the one below is too skinny. Then the other one below is different, which grows well, unless it's supposed to be round.

I love this one, but it won't grow, even outside. Is it rekd? Those scars. It was a discounted rescue from a plant store a few years ago,not even in a pot--sniff. It has strong roots.

Deadly hooks. I can't tell if it's even alive. I have a smaller one in the above dish garden, but it doesn't want to grow much either.

One more with hooks. This is a great plant. I have three, but have no idea what it is. Easy to pupulate.

I have more, but this is probably too long already. Thanks.

Comments (12)