SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bold_as_love

Bosch BOVA60 Heat Pump system

bold_as_love
6 years ago

OK, so just got the Bosch system installed, 5 ton, 18 SEER. Replaced an antiquated 4 ton, heat-strip only system that was some no-name brand, 15 years old. Ran all new, insulated trunklines (old system had one big ol' plenum with flex-duct spider-webbed all over the attic) and re-sized, wrapped the returns. In MO, so the weather has been colder than normal this Jan. Looking at -25 wind chill overnight.

New to the heat pump thing, so we've been keeping the thermostat at 68 to keep the system "cycling" like I think it should. But I've also been told that at temps above where the aux. heat strips kick in, it's perfectly normal to have the heat pump going most of the time. Is that correct? I'd like the house warmer, but don't want to keep the system running if it's costing us money. Kinda' defeats the idea of spending that kind of money to lower electrical costs (all-electric, by the way). I know it has to be way more efficient than that generic one, but is it OK if the heat pump is running a lot?

Thanks.

Comments (17)