SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinlmorris

ISO advice about Bluestar range, baking oven, hood, and microwave

Robin Morris
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello,

I have been planning my kitchen/house remodel for many years now. It is finally starting (demo starting the 27th) and it is time to make decisions! First off I should say that I love to cook and do some extreme cooking from time to time. I cook all types of food (I do love my wok) and regularly set off smoke alarms since I've never had a real hood.

The current plan is to have a 36" gas range and a separate 30" electric wall oven for baking with a microwave above it.

I have had my eye on Bluestar since long before I even owned a house. I am 90% sure that I want the platinum 36" range in blue. I know originally the oven was really bad. All the reviews I can find are 2-3+ years old... is the oven any better? I know that it isn't the best for baking, but we will have a separate oven for that. We do have large dinner parties and need both ovens to work though. Also, I do a lot of roasting and need it to be able to roast meats/veggies and broil (I've always wanted a salamander). Will it be good at that? I hate spending so much $$ if the oven is not functional.

Those of you with powerful gas ranges, what hood brand should I get? I can't wait to have a real hood! Is 900 cfm enough or should I go up to 1200?

For baking, what brand electric oven is best? I don't see much about this online. Hubby likes to bake soufflés , so we need something good.

Finally, for the microwave, I just really want a basic microwave with a large cavity, and I want it to have a nice built in look. I think it should be a separate unit from the oven. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)