SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turkey2

Weird kitchen seeks help

turkey2
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

I have seen some very helpful and genius ideas while lurking on here over they years. I am hoping to have some input on our upcoming reno. We are planning on remodelling our current kitchen which was very poorly renovated and has no flow whatsoever. We cook and entertain quite a lot and are 2 adults and two older teens. We are trying to find a layout that works in our odd space, follows the work triangle to some degree and leaves space for a small family room at the end of the house (there's access to the deck and a fireplace at this end).

We are debating opening up the floor plan. We kind of need to take down some walls to make things work anyway. The best part of our house is the view so we are thinking since we have to make some changes we may need to change windows too and that might be a great thing. We also are going to have to move plumbing. Hopefully all this is even possible!

I am attaching a couple of of photos. Our current layout and our two floor plan ideas. :)

I am open to any and all ideas and most worried about the really open plan. Will I hate seeing an island from the living room? Our house would be so open if we did this. In the other plan, would it be too squishy? Feeling excited, but lost as we begin this. We are starting to meet with contractors this week.

Plan A: Super open to larger dining room, new double patio doors, and living room

Plan B: Smaller opening to kitchen/small family room, but better layout?

Comments (8)