SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nenana62

Seeking any and all help with new kitchen cabinet color

nenana62
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Update: My kitchen is finally in transition. I’ve taken some advice from you all and replaced the 1990’s ceramic tile with new flooring, all new stepped shaker door/drawer fronts will be installed, taken out some cabinetry for floating shelves, replaced the super ornate crown molding and some millwork will be done to the peninsula. I am hoping to hold onto this countertop for awhile even though it’s ugly. Eventually I will replace it with a white countertop. Because of this, my dilemma has not changed- I am still struggling with a cabinet paint color. If I pick a greige or mushroom color from the countertop it just seems like everything will fall flat and be brown and boring. Do you think a muted gray-green or gray-blue could possibly look good with these countertops? Or do you think a light greige or similar color is definitely the best option here?

I’ve arranged to have my kitchen cabinets professionally painted for a kitchen refresh and I’m really struggling on the color choice. While I’d absolutely love to have soft white cabinets, I’m not sure if my kitchen is a good candidate for this with all of the other “Tuscan era” finishes. Sadly, new countertops and flooring aren’t going to happen right now. Sherwin Williams Mega Greige seems to go well with my countertop but I’m worried it would be too dark overall. A lighter greige or mushroom color (SW Loggia) would coordinate with my countertop (I believe the countertop is called Fairway Rock) but I’m wondering if a lighter beige/greige tone would be too close to the flooring color (beige ceramic tile with a bit of a pink undertone to my eyes). I’ve also considered painting the upper cabinets white and the lowers Mega Greige or having them restained a bit darker- anything to get rid of the orange tone. I’m not opposed to repainting my walls to help coordinate with the new cabinet color. I’d sincerely appreciate any and all suggestions for what everyone thinks would be a good new color for these cabinets!

Comments (14)