SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_1014719

LOVE this Art Deco vanity but unsure how fits with rest of house

https://www.chairish.com/product/346530/art-deco-buffet-credenza

The link above is a vanity we both agree upon, yet I have so many questions:

1. We are adding a family room, kitchen, and master bedroom first floor suite to 1950s story and a half.

2. The rest of the house is French Country/Farm house furniture we want to use. Working with decorators in the past they always said to keep the house in the same feel (traditional, transitional, French Country etc.)

3. All of the floors are wood in great condition but since many walls are being removed all have to be refinished.

4. Can we use this piece and keep the wood floors??

5. Would the bathroom floors be best in black tile with a brown decorative tile around the parimeter of the floor, same on shower walls, Or black and white floors.

6. A free standing tub (copper? Black? metal?)

7. Copper sinks?

I think the wood and black high gloss or lacquer is throwing me off. The doors and drawers have already been refinished I could always make it all black gloss or lacquer. It would make designing the bathroom easier for me at least (big black and white tile square floor and my red hand blown glass chandelier over the free standing tub or something).

I don't want to overdue the Deco look but I am not sure whether wood floors would make it look out of place but we are refinishing them anyway

I do have a really old buffet (traditional/transitional) I was thinking perhaps of refinishing if the Art Deco piece does not work. Using that would be a no brainer but I don't love it as much.

thank you all for your input.

Comments (7)