SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canishel

LVT rectangles: direction and bevel questions

canishel
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So I've changed my mind and am now looking at LVT for my kitchen. Current contender is Mannington's Adura Max Cascade (12" x24").

It has microbeveled edges. That appeals to me because my mindset tells me that the edges are less likely to chip. Is that mindset correct? The idea is based on other click floating flooring whose edges are chipping.

It is a floating floor which several flooring stores tell me I need for this kitchen setup. Does direction of layment affect LVT? That is, should the tiles be laid across or in the direction of the floor joists? The subfloor consists of old vinyl sheet flooring over particle board(?) over plywood. There is some question as to whether to floor needs to be leveled before installation; it is uneven, but I don't know how much.

Should the long axis of the tile run the long distance (term?) of the room? The long distance gets the most traffic. I'm looking at the possibility of stress on the joins and subsequent need for replacing tiles.

How well does Adura Max, or any other floating floor, hold up to wheelchair and/or walker traffic?

Thanks for any help.

Comments (2)