SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmarcel

Luxury vinyl planks in foyer adjacent to real hardwoods?

Karen Marcely
9 years ago

Due to the expense and mess of ripping 80's outdated tile in my entryway (app 6' x 12') I am thinking of installing luxury vinyl planks.

My concern is that my family room is off my entryway which has oak hardwood. The opening between the two rooms is about 6'. I have been to a few stores and also posted on the flooring forum about how this would look and all said it would look fine. I would run the planks the opposite direction of the adjoining family room and put a trim piece to separate the rooms. That way it won't look like I'm trying to match these floors.

Tonight I stopped at a different flooring stores and was told that if I put LVP next to real hardwood that it will look fake and I won't be happy.

Has anyone done this and how does it look? I really would rather have the planks instead of the vinyl tile that would look like slate instead of hardwood floors.

I haven't picked out a color yet, but think I don't want to go really light or dark, prefer to stay similar to my family room, which is a cherry color.

Comments (42)