SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

Curious re Baseboards with bullnose wall

EvaElizabeth
6 years ago

i recently reinstalled my baseboards and I just copied the way they were installed before with a few little tweaks to accommodate trim we added in a couple of places. When I was looking at pictures online I noticed that most people said the “right” way to do bullnose corners is some variation of cutting a 1” corner piece. A few people even showed examples of terribly mitered 90 degree baseboards around bullnose corners as what not to do. But I also came across a few pictures where the baseboards met at perfect 90 degree angles and were mitered beautifully around a bullnose wall corner. I thought it looked really great, and very clean. Now I’m just curious there is a reason why everyone warns against this method, because it does look really good in some applications. I thought maybe it had to do with expansion at the joint but then I realized that can’t be it because the corners are still mitred, just at 22.5 instead of 45. Anyway, I’m just wondering what opinions are out there on the matter. I have a few projects coming up that involve more woodwork so trim seems to be catching my interest right now.

Comments (6)