SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprile_clermont

Do you have a person like this in your life? A rant

Aprile
6 years ago

I am about to pull my hair out with my father. I have posted before that him and I have had a very rocky relationship. In the past couple of years I have tried and tried to do something nice for him on the holidays or his birthday or even just throughout the year. Nothing, and I mean nothing is ever right and it is frustrating me to no end.

A couple of simple examples I find out he likes Twizzlers candy. I am at the store I buy him a pack of red Twizzlers. Thank you but I also really like the Black ones too. Go to store buy red and black long ones. Thank you but I prefer the bite sized. Ugh, rolls eyes,

Christmas and Birthday, what would you like for Christmas oh I don't know, laughs a new TV or Computer. I laugh haha not happening I can't afford it. Give me some other ideas. Nothing. I suggest something, nope don't want it. Suggest another thing nope don't want that either. Sigh, I get him Gift Cards and make him a stocking with all his favorite candies, even the bite sized twizzlers lol I also included gift cards to places he likes to eat. My birthday comes around he tells me days in advance he is giving me a gift card. Well Thanks! could have waited until my birthday to give to me and let me know. Then comes the kick in the pants. I am giving you the Gift Card you gave me for Christmas because I never use them. Sigh, shakes head did you really have to tell me that? I really did not need to know that.

He has been hinting over and over and over that he wants to go on a cruise. Only thing other than above mentioned TVs and Computers (cough) jokingly says he wants then says just kidding. He isn't but well.... So this year my son and I decide we will offer to pay for the down payment on any cruise he wants to go on. Just let us know and we will either give him the money or call the cruise line and pay directly. Well now he doesn't want to go on a cruise alone. He has been on 4 alone before but now that we offer to help him pay for one nah he doesn't want to go.

I just can not please this man, I know I can not please this man and it irritates me and I let it get to me. I know I shouldn't but ohhhh makes me so mad. So again this year for Christmas I will buy him a Gift Card in the amount I would like to get for my Birthday because well heck I know it's coming back to me anyways. But I was curious do any of you have anyone like this? He has no hobbies, does not go out, wont tell me what size clothes he wears or if I have bought him a shirt or something he doesn't like it. He literally stays in the house in one room watching TV or playing on his computer and that is his life.

Comments (58)