SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
legomom23

Need gift ideas for my own son!

legomom23
6 years ago

DS is 15 and this is the first year he doesn't have a "fun" gift on his list. He was always the Lego kid, so for years Christmas Day was full of fun building. When Lego wasn't on the list anymore, something fun took its place - electronics, keyboards, ping pong, he always had a hobby or interest that leant itself to something that made the day fun. It wasn't about surprises, rather the assembling, the building, the learning how to use something new that was an all day Christmas project fun.

But this year, he can't think of anything and neither can I. But I'd love to find something. He has all the normal wants in a level he's satisfied with - phone, watch, computer, computer games,etc. His hobbies right now are chess and making music on his computer. His interests are generally creative - always into something new but right now - photography, digital art, learning to play the piano, video editing and he has all the equipment he needs to do that at his current interest level. He would love to travel more, he's at the teen boy stage where they realize it's a big world out there and they want to explore, do new things. We provide that as time allows, but it doesn't really solve the Christmas day dilemma, but maybe there's a gift idea there somewhere.

I realize this is a stretch, but this group is exposed to lots of things we might not know about! Any teen boy gifts out there for a creative do-er teenage boy?

Comments (25)