SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Madison's "Rock Star" birthday, with Hot Milk Cake

annie1992
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Yes, it's hard to believe. Madison is 6 and is far too "old" for Mickey Mouse or WonderWoman, she wanted a "Rock Star" birthday cake, and so she sat down with a paper and markers and designed her own. She was sure Grandma could make it. Oh, and she needed cupcakes too, with guitars and stars on the top because, well, Rock Star, duh.

It had to be pink and black, with some golden glitter. Shooting stars on top, glittery ones. Could we please find candy for the stars, so we can eat them? Chocolate would be good. Oh, and LOTS of frosting. Yeah...

So, here we are, the multi-layered, pink and black with shooting stars, Rock Star Birthday Cake, made with Pixistix' Hot Milk cake, one of my favorites. Yes, that's the birthday girl, also one of my favorites, LOL. Oh, and the cake was not lopsided, that was my camera. (grin)

Cupcakes? We have those too. The chocolate ones got frosted pink, with chocolate guitars and stars made with candy molds and melts. Yes, I made the decorations too, just because, well, have you ever tried to buy sugar guitar cake decorations? I used Colleen's chocolate cake recipe, but I overbaked the cupcakes just a few minutes too long, and they weren't as moist as I like them. The kids didn't seem to notice, somehow, especially after frosting and ice cream.

The strawberry cupcakes were not my favorite, I won't use that recipe again. They were frosted with white buttercream and pink candy decorations

The buttercream got a little beaten up in the 50 mile trip to Ashley's, but it wasn't bad and tasted far better than the fondant. I did use fondant for the shooting stars and the kids were busily eating those when I left, can't ever get enough sugar, you know.

We also had a menu of her choosing: Sloppy Joes, chips and pasta salad. Yes indeed, carbs, carbs and more carbs. Oh, there were also goldfish crackers, can't forget those!

Happy Birthday to Madison, my Small Princess and sous chef, minus those two bottom teeth.

Annie

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!