SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
em_eff79

WWYD? Having a hard time trading my Maytag Neptune for Speed Queen top

Em Eff
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

After 18 years of faithful, and I mean perfect, service my Maytag Neptune washer mah4000 has become unreliable. After the successful bearing replacement 6 months ago, it intermittently doesn't wring out all the water. I finally realized that it wasn't intermittent but rather it only fails on large loads. Also, my husband is putting the belt back on often. I'm tired of Internet perusing looking for the fix and not washing large loads or taking them to my mom's. I just can't give up the dream that my mechanically minded husband and son can somehow fix it for little cost. On the other hand, I have a good used Speed Queen top loader and matching dryer we bought sitting in my garage. We bought from an older couple who had to go with a stackable to move laundry onto main floor. I would greatly appreciate helpful feedback on my dilemma. I just keep hoping we can find some inexpensive fix for my Neptune. I do wish to continue with it's water saving and wringing clothes till they're almost dry. Thanks

Comments (15)