SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marydon_gw

Speed Queen top loaders

marydon
16 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new to gardenweb, and thrilled to have found it. I can't wait to explore gardening tips, recipes, and the many other features of this great site. For now, though, my immediate reason for coming is this forum. We're in the market for a new W/D and I've been researching as much as possible. I'm dismayed by all the negative reports (My 25 year old Maytag made it through four kids and at least 2 loads a day for the duration).

I'm thinking of going with Speed Queen. I want a top loader because I do not want any potential problems with odor and I have a bad back, do not want to bend. I don't need any bells and whistles, just a machine that cleans and will hold up.

I've read pretty universally good reviews of Speed Queens, though I guess they can be a little hard to find. The only criticisms I've read are: they can be somewhat noisy (not a huge problem since it'll be in my very deep basement), and one review said the spin was not long enough and the clothes came out wrinkled. Wrinkling would be an issue with me since I rarely iron.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these issues, and also what model people have tended to prefer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (7)