SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kezzle176

UPDATED post- would this wall look good removed?

Kezzle176
6 years ago

Hi All, i am reposting this with the hopes of simplifying my question- will removing this wall & door create more light and space in the home, and connect the living and dining area, or will it look silly with essentially a stair case in the middle of the room? A description of the home is below.. **Please note, we will seek professional help on whether or not removing the wall is actually feasible however, before we do so i would just like some advice/opinions on how it may look **

We have a split level home- with the entrance starting by climbing some steps to the front door. The entry hall then leads off to a hall on the left with rooms leading off it, stairs to the top floor on the right and 3 steps leading down to the main living area. We then have a further set of stairs going down to the garage. Adjacent to those stairs we have a dining room that is accessed through a door from our main living area, and within that dining room a couple more steps going back up into a further lounge, which from that door leads back onto the entry way. We were thinking of removing the wall that blocks of the dining room and adding a balustrade in lieu of the wall so that we have a semi open plan living and dining room- we think this will add to the space appeal as well as create more light in the living area. I have added some photos- the wall we want to remove is the one along the stairs that has a picture against it and the adjacent door.

Comments (30)