SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

I had no idea Carding Mill was so beautiful!

Lisa Adams
6 years ago

I’ve had a grafted Carding Mill for almost 3 years now. It’s had a horrible life. It’s planted in the front yard in a bed that borders the neighborhood park. It was sprayed with some sort of weed killer by the park maintenance crew. This was discovered about two years ago. I almost lost it, but it hung on. I thought I had taken care of the spraying situation with the HOA, but apparently not. Without my knowledge the spaying continued, and Carding Mill was apparently occasionally slightly touched. A few months ago I caught the guy actually spraying weeds up against my roses. I stopped him, and thank goodness this guy was the head of the crew, AND he spoke English. He said he had never been told by the HOA about my complaint, and they sprayed regularly. He was a rose lover a seemed genuinely sorry. He promised that from now on the weedeater would be used, and the area never sprayed again.

Finally, Carding Mill is growing a bit and produced two blooms. It’s been so long since I’ve seen a bloom from Carding Mill. I had no idea they were so beautiful. They start out a little too orange for my taste, but the mature bloom is a pale apricot blush. It’s a huge globe that I can’t stop looking at! It even has a nice scent. Lisa

The bush, finally growing.

The bloom and a bud on the bush.

Thursday, the bloom indoors.

Friday, indoors.

Saturday, the same Carding Mill bloom with the CM bud in front.

Sunday(today), same bloom. Lisa

Comments (22)