SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
willcheryl

Gray to coordinate with SW Garden Sage

CJ
6 years ago

Hi. My main living area (foyer, living room, kitchen and dining) are painted SW Garden Sage, which is a warm medium deep green that is an olive/sage. I need to choose a gray for the stairway and hallway going upstairs, the stairway going downstairs and the inside of the foyer doors. I know I need to get samples, but to avoid buying a million samples, I'd like to narrow it down to 3-4. I need a warm gray that does not have blue/purple undertones. The house is filled with golden oak, however the granite and backsplash have warm gray tones in them. The dining table and coffee table are the warm gray/brownish gray tones. The 4 I'm thinking of are Anew Gray, Agreeable Gray (which I fear being too light next to the green), Colonade Gray and Skyline Steel. Again, I want it to be a warm gray that won't look cold and muddy. Being stairways and the upstairs hallway, there is not a lot of natural light. The Garden Sage LRV is 38, I want it lighter than that, but not washed out looking. Any thoughts about the undertones of these gray colors next to the green, and with the golden oak in the house? Thank you!

Comments (3)