SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasminerose4u

Kim Rupert's polyantha rose, LAUREN

Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I went to hear Bob Martin, the American Rose Society Vice President, give a talk on polyantha roses. I decided I wanted more polyanthas in my garden, because of the massive number of sweet blooms they produce. One of the polyanthas that Bob Martin highly recommended was Kim Rupert's LAUREN. It is extremely hardy, so everyone can grow this rose. Everyone that can get their hands on one that is! Rogue Valley Roses has it listed in their catalog, but it is "out of stock." I called them and they said if I put myself on the waiting list, they will try to propagate it and I should call back in spring to see if the cuttings took.

I'm thinking that they might put more effort into propagating this rose if more people request it. So, here I am singing its praises. Its violet colored blooms have a mild, spicy fragrance. There is a 6 dollar fee for placing one's self on the Rogue Valley Roses waiting list, but you are only charged when invoiced for the plant, i.e. only if there is success. So what do you think? If anyone knows another way to get this rose, via auction or what have you, please let me know.

Thank you :)

Comments (13)