SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Murasaki sweet potatoes? What to do with them?

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I bought these thinking to have something different for Thanksgiving. But when I started researching them, it looks like they are very different. For one thing, much sweeter than the orange fleshed kind.

I needed a new recipe anyway, as no one but my husband and I ever seem to eat the sweet potatoes. I have tried so many different things. I don’t like overly sweet sweet potato dishes in general. My favorite way is just baked with butter, salt, and pepper. But I don't want to do that for Thanksgiving.

I don’t think vegetables should taste like candy. We will already have the sweet butternut squash, which has to
be make the same way every time for my daughter, with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, etc.

If these are not going to work, I will go back to the store and get a couple of the typical kind, and save the fancy / weird ones when it is just us. We eat everything.

Anything that would be a make-ahead, or at least can be prepped the day before, would be a plus. We finish the day being totally exhausted.

Thanks!

Comment (1)