SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2flyingyorkies

Electrolux 617 being discontinued / replaced by new model?

2flyingyorkies
6 years ago

We're looking for a new full size laundry pair, and our space is a narrow galley style room that limits us severely on total machine depth (33" max from the back wall, including venting ducts, but preferably less). We've had our old top load full-fill Kenmores for 15 years, so this will be our first high efficiency machine, and if we're going that route, front load seems to be the way to go (feel free to convince me otherwise if it helps solve my problem!).

The Electrolux 617 is one of the few full size pairs that fits in our space, mostly because its dryer exhaust outlet is recessed under the unit by several inches, allowing it to sit essentially flush against the back wall once ducts are installed.

But now that I'm about ready to buy, I'm having real trouble finding any units actually for sale. My big box stores have "refurb" units, Sears has nothing, and my local appliance shop has none with no anticipated backfill. Are they discontinued? Is there a replacement series coming from Electrolux? If so, when? Any technical info on it (dimensions!)?

Or, lacking that, any other suggestions for full size units with a built in heater that aren't deep? The LG 4370 (or its Kenmore Elite clone) was the next best candidate, but I've done some measuring, and I don't think it's going to work.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH