SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purlina007

Challenging kitchen layout

6 years ago

We're in an area where sq. footage is a premium. Our lot is very narrow (40'.) We're planning on excavating the garage down to gain the square footage of the garage and make it our new dining and kitchen area. This is also the part of the house that has the best scenic view. We bake multiple times a week so a double oven is a priority. I checked out the double oven ranges but didn't like how I had to get down on a knee to take out a roast from the bottom oven.

I've tried to orient this so that the fridge is on the perimeter and the kids don't need to get underfoot in order to grab a drink (as they do now!). Dish cabinet is near the dining room. The kitchen will be up two steps and the pony wall keeps people at the bar from falling over. The north wall has 13' dedicated to kitchen and the east wall is 11'. And the living room goes out further. Attached are pretty crude drawings. We're having the architect draw this up but don't have the plans in hand, yet. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (21)