SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sekimmmclare

Help designing and decorating a new home in Japan

Michele Seki
6 years ago
Hello Fabulous Community! Please help my new hubby & I plan, design, furnish, landscape and choose colors for our new home! We are in the process of building our new 110 square foot home in Japan. We are into midcentury modern, modern and contemporary influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright, SoCal and Japanese culture. We like orange, blue, and green as well as neutral color pallets with a dash of bright color.

These are our rough draft floor plans as nothing is set in stone yet.
I’m sorry everything’s in Japanese. The first floor has a master bedroom and a guest room, hallway sink, toilet room, entryway with two shoe boxes to take off and put away shoes and a staircase. The second floor as a Toni room, laundry/shower tub combo room, living room, kitchen, and dinning room. The total area of the kitchen, dinning, and living rooms is about 40 square meters.
We are planning for a balcony off the living room big enough for a bbq grill and sitting area and a patio off the master bedroom that’s large enough for two chairs and a table.

We are thinking to have an accent wall behind the bed in the master bedroom and an accent wall on the second floor in the living or dinning rooms.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments (9)