SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Rolled and cut pumpkin cookies? Recipe please!

plllog
6 years ago

I have been reprieved! I do NOT have to make Thanksgiving (which is usually at a cousin's house but I had been elected to do a small one). I just have to do the baking. So I can have some fun.

I got a large pumpkin shaped cookie cutter from the holiday kitsch display at the grocery store. It's sugar cookie size--pretty big, like a large apple in diameter. But I want to do pumpkin flavor cookies! All the recipes I've seen are for soft cookies. I have pie pumpkins and canned pure pumpkin. The pie pumpkin isn't as wet, usually.

Does anyone have a good cut pumpkin cookie recipe? Or even a rolled dough that's more liquid than shortbread or gingerbread? I've been trying to figure out how to replace the egg in sugar cookies with pumpkin, and maybe powdered egg or egg replacer, but I don't think they'd actually taste good, or if good maybe not pumpkiny enough to bother. (No, I don't want to do "pumpkin spice" without the pumpkin. At that point, I'd just make spice cookies.)

The only other thing I can think of is maybe pie crust with pumpkin for the liquid and some of the butter. That might work. Or be a foul mess. :)

Thank-you!

Comments (4)