SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yasmineobrien

Mixing Queen Anne Chairs & Hutch with Glass Table & Glass Console

I‘ve been challenged for years figuring out what dining chairs to use in our dining room with a WS Mercer table & WS Cosmopolitan Console both in Glass and chrome. I went with these glass pieces years ago along with similar in other rooms to contemporize the assortment of antique wood furnishings throughout. In our last home I had two fabric benches and two Kartel ghost chairs which I was never fond of nor comfortable for guests. While the easy solution I have thought would be to go the contemporary and minimal chrome legged chair however i.e. RL or WS...the focal part of our dining room is our prized 17th Century Dutch hutch with Queen Anne legs. Additonally, we have three walnut antique pieces in the room. I was advised by a friend to go with walnut Queen Anne chairs for a more elegant, warm and classic “traditional“ look...versus too modern and cold. I bought these today at an antique dealer and now unsure that was the best idea(!!!) Would love advice how to pull this together! Chairs need to be reupholstered...do I go with a light silvery fabric? (Sounds awful!) Would a mix of dark wood and chrome wall accents help? I thought about reframing art prints in a dark wood with chrome accent frame? Persian rug can be moved to another room... Seeing plenty of Queen Anne tables with contemporary chairs but not the opposite sadly!

Comments (20)