SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nuhouse10

Have curtains, need wall color. Photos included. Please help!!

nuhouse10
6 years ago

We have dark velvet gray curtains that we have not put up. I purchased them thinking they would be much darker and now we can't return them. So, what do we do...Paint the walls of course!

We have an old 1890s farmhouse (fixer upper, for sure). This room was added on in the 1990s but they used antique windows, which we love. Beautiful room but the first color when we moved in (pink) was horrid (see pic). We painted it SW Kyrpton (see pic) to eliminate the pink and re-painted the trim (just a basic white). Now, we've been in the room for 5 years and we need a change. The room is so bright and we want dark and cozy. I really don't want light walls, if possible.

Here are the curtains we have - they look a darker in person: https://www.halfpricedrapes.com/signature-natural-grey-velvet-blackout-curtains-drapes.html

Do you have any dark wall colors (I'm partial to blue don't know where to start). We love the room but don't love the curtains. Money is tight so I'd rather use the curtains and re-paint the walls but I don't know what dark color with go with them.

Any and all ideas are welcome...thank you!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm