SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Transform Derma Skincare Online Order Warning!!!

LynnNM
6 years ago

This past September I saw an ad that popped up on my Facebook page for this supposedly great new skincare line. It offered me samples of 2 different products: their Anti-Aging Face Serum and their Hydrating Eye Cream. They arrived together with no paperwork, instructions, or receipt a week or so later. NOWHERE did I see a notice that I had to cancel within 14 days or I'd start receiving their full-size bottles. My initial charges for the 2 samples showed up on my credit card statement separately, listed as "Pop*FaceCreamEyeSerum" for $4.95 and "Healthdvancenowoptimiedmedi" for $5.95. A bit strange but ok, I guess.

BUT, yesterday I was checking my new credit card bill and there was another charge from each of them: $94.57 from Pop Face and $89.47 from Healthadvance! Both dated 10/2/17. I was blown away because (1) I didn't order any more from them and (2) I never received anything more from them other than the first 2 samples (see pics below).

I immediately called my credit card company and over the course of a few calls they told me that they have been getting MANY, MANY complaints just like mine with this company . . . which has 2-3 names it looks like they said. And, as they were looking at my statement, low and behold, I had 2 more charges from them dated 11/2/17 . . . so those weren't on my current statement!

As they directed, I called the company to demand that they immediately stop sending me these products, and asked for a credit for all those charges. My CC company told me that they would probably offer me 20-30% back if I'd go away, and they did. I refused. I should pay them 80% for nothing?!? Called my CC company back and we've filed fraudulent charges against them for all but the 2 original samples.

Oh, and then this afternoon I get a package in the mail from them . . . my November full-size bottles arrived! I still have never received the October ones they supposedly sent. I was already told by my CC company that if one did arrive, to take it directly to the post office and return it, "package refused/return to sender" but getting a USPS receipt, and pay for a "return receipt with signature needed". I did that right away.

Because my (very well-known) credit card company told me that they're getting a lot of complaints like mine, I wanted to warn you all to just be careful. Know what you're getting into if you do decide to order from this company. I'm not saying that you shouldn't, only that you need to be aware of how their "system" works.

Oh, and did I notice any change in my own skin after using the samples every night for a month? Not a bit, but perhaps it's just me and my own opinion.

Below are pics of the 2 samples:

P.S. And, no there is no way the October package was stolen. They are quite small packages send via the USPS. Our street has one super secure mailbox for all our mail and packages. It was put in a couple of years ago, when our original one was broken into, in a big rash of those thefts throughout the area. The only way any thief can gain access to this one is to blow it up or somehow pull it off it's deep cement holding structure. And then, we'd all know it pretty fast (LOL).

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!