SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peppapoodle

Skincare rec's from plastic surgeons RN

Peppapoodle
6 years ago

I usually don't post over here that often & thought I had lost this page with the switch over recently.

However, I know there are discussions on skincare here now & then. Its been suggested to me that retin A is great for cell-turn-over, fine lines & helping to prevent more lines.

I got some in Mexico. I did see some difference. But wasn't religious about my skincare. Talking to plastic surgeon & his nurse-they both recommended retin A. She recommended daily for 2 weeks for faster results. Retin A at night. Neostrata in the AM. And always sunscreen.

Yes, lots of peeling, redness, and blemishes happened. And I usually don't have blemish issues- amazing what was under the surface!! She also recommended a product called "neostrata AHA 15." This helps to exfoliate what comes to the surface.

Just wanted to share these suggestions with y'all.

Disclaimer: I have olive coloring with Native American Indian (thick skin). For people with more sensitive (finer skin,,), she suggests to start off using the neostrata daily( approx a week or two). Then add in the retin A- couple of times a week.

And the neostrata will sting!!

I used retin A 0.

1%. But started my friend (blonde hair/fair skin) with retin A 0.05%

When another PS was asked about Retin A-- he jokingly replied it makes for a destitute plastic surgeon!! But, did warn of sunscreen & skin thinning with too much use.

Comments (19)