SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Before & After pictures...Long

Oakley
14 years ago

I've kind of been MIA because I've been "exhaling" from the long process of adding on a room, and gutting the front of the old house except the bedrooms. And there is not enough money in the world to get me started on the bedrooms. lol.

WARNING: No decorations of knick knacks or furniture arrangement is permanent. I've still got things in boxes that need to be put up, tons of pictures that may not go back up, glassware, etc. I'm just too tired to decorate.

The house isn't very tidy because I took these pictures for a friend, and frankly, I am too exhausted to clean the whole shebang then take pictures. :)

Another warning, dh smokes and it doesn't bother me, so you'll see an ashtray on the coffee table. lol.

We'll be buying the large area rugs soon, along with some lace curtains for the kitchen and dining room. I'll furnish the sitting room last.

In the kitchen picture, the backsplash is now finished. Where you see the yellow diamonds above the stove, I have them above my sink also. It was a last minute decision because the tile guy brought me both red and yellow diamonds and I liked them both! lol.

LIVING ROOM - BEFORE (it was 12 x 20) Oh, it was a mess in this picture because my first grandchild was just born and I hadn't been home.

DINING ROOM - BEFORE

KITCHEN - BEFORE...just came back from the store in this pic. :)

UTILITY ROOM - BEFORE - ROTFLOL!!! ANOTHER WARNING!!! We just got a kitten and she would NOT keep her litter in the pan. I cleaned that thing constantly. Now she is very tidy. lol. On the other side of the fridge, on the right is my dryer, the left is the washer. That was the extent of my utility room.

OH! Before the remodel, I had a total of 4 drawers in the kitchen and utility room combined. Now I have 23.

LIVING ROOM - AFTER

LIVING ROOM AGAIN - AFTER

{{gwi:1761187}}

SITTING ROOM/PASS THROUGH - AFTER. (ignore everything in that room) The entryway into the new room used to be our front door. The sitting room is half of our old living room.

{{gwi:1747732}}

KITCHEN - AFTER - Backsplash is now finished. The hutch has ruby glass knobs and pulls.

KITCHEN - AFTER (The hutch used to be a closet and part of the old utility room. The place where the fridge is used to be part of the old utility room.

UTILITY ROOM - OTHER HALF OF THE OLD LIVING ROOM. Washer's on the left, dryer on the right, at the end is the freezer which is sitting back out of sight, granite countertops with drawers under the windows, and same thing next to the washer, at the far right is a broom closet. A real broom closet! lol

{{gwi:1761192}}

DINING ROOM - AFTER. The accent wall appears bigger than in the picture. The wallpaper brings all the colors together.

Comments (38)