SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_borland9

Wrong Sink Installed - everyday it's something new

Donna Borland
6 years ago

I was excited to finally get a new sink installed and running water. We had purchased 2 sinks - the expensive one had 3 holes and the cheap one had 4. We decided to live without the sprayer and to keep the more expensive one. (I didn't know the faucets couldn't be installed without the sprayer)

The cheap one was in a box away from the sink with the UPS label attached; it only needed to be sealed up and dropped off. I came home from work to find the cheap one installed and the good one no where to be found. The contractor explained about how the faucets didn't fit because of the sprayer so they used the other one. I was shocked they'd open a box that was clearly being returned without even asking - my husband was in the next room working!

The response was oh well - we'll change it out but it's an additional $250. But where is the sink? It showed up this morning...it was "accidently" put in the truck but now it has a dent on the rim (it's stainless steel) and can'be returned and the sink they installed can't be returned because it has gunk on the underneath where it was sealed. I ordered a new sink but do I need to pay for a reinstall? Do i need to eat the $275 for the 2 sinks?

I am at my wits end with this contractor. Everything they touch leads to a bigger problem. I have taken time off to supervise but it doesn't seem to matter. Things happen so quickly that I can't catch everything before it happens.

Comments (26)