SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yalemichmom

Contractor Error--wrong bath sinks installed. Advice?

yalemichmom
4 years ago

Okay--I posted this question a little while ago and saw some replies (thank you). I'm not sure what happened, but my post is gone. Maybe I edited it for a typing error and accidentally deleted it?Remodeling Master and Hall baths. Specified oval sinks for both (already, many said they like rectangular ones vs oval, anyway) because the counter space is tight, and our house is very traditional. Faucets are Kohler Bancroft--chrome retro-looking: widespread in Master and single-hole with two handles in Hall (not a contemporary/modern look).

Oval sinks were correctly installed in Master--I like them, but some of you said rectangles would have been better, even in there. Contractor accidentally installed rectangular sinks in the very tight Hall bath and they run close along both side walls (VERY tight--another design glitch by designer which affected lighting choice and placement and mirror size).

He's offering to redo the quartz ($$$$) counters and sinks as specified in our plans or give me a $500 credit to leave as-is. Does anyone think the rectangular sinks with the contemporary inside bowl shape look less traditional? My lighting are E.F. Chapman Stanway Sconces in aged brushed brass--they are a hanging lantern style (a bit nautical, I'd say). Here are images of the Master in progress and the Hall Bath. Which do you prefer--oval or rectangular sinks for the Hall Bath? Take $500 credit or just have it done over? Thanks, again.

Master with Ovals (done as specified):

Hall Bath with contemporary, rectangular sinks (Installation error):

Sconces for Hall (above) Bath in Antique Burnished Brass:

EF Chapman Stanway Sconce in Brass

Hall Bath Kohler Faucet:

Kohler Bancroft Single Hole two-handle Faucet

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!